Sunday, June 12, 2016

Fundoshi Rehash 36 - Grey Spooky Fabric

This fundoshi made of Spooky Fabric purchased during Halloween is not one of my favorite for comfort. The fabric making up this cloth is not soft. The warp and weft are quite large and open, making the thick threads dig into the skin. I donʻt think I have a photo, but prolonged wearing does cause a waffle-like pattern on tender flesh.

It is one of my favorites for taking photos. The exact same properties that make it uncomfortable to wear help it play with light in great ways. This is why I did a two light setup, one being a very deep green. You can see the originals hereherehere and here. Thatʻs a lot of grey spooky fabric photos...which means there were only enough surplus for this one post.

For this visit, I wanted to see if I could make the photos a bit crisper and reduce the green glow from the lighting. 

 

You can see that the original photo is a bit ʻsoftʻ in itʻs focus and tone. I did this to bring out the green lighting more in the original shoot. The first thing I did was to turn up the contrast a bit while turning down the color saturation.
 

Next, I played with the green, cyan and blue color channels until I got the coloring I was after. The final touch was an edge sharpening filter. This really made the fundoshi in some of the photos pop.
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

...more...



fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


No comments:

Post a Comment