Sunday, June 26, 2016

Fundoshi Rehash 32 - Black and White Gauze Part 2

The original fundoshi photos used in this rehash can be found herehere and here.  For this rehash set of post-production mayhem, I chose to try to get a more neony (is that even a word?) look to the rather flat and well lit original photos. 
fundoshi rokushaku

fundoshi rokushaku 
The first step I took was to turn up the black point and saturation, just a tiny bit. 
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku 

Next, I played with the curves filter, which plays with the ʻtonalʻ quality of the photo. As you can see, that really did a number on the ʻtonalʻ aspect of the photo! I then played a bit with the levels filter, which also affects the tonal aspect of photos in some other mathematical way I donʻt understand...that is why I play! I didnʻt quite like the green and orange nature this  all resulted in, so for the final step, I played with the white balance, making the light source much, much, much cooler. 
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku



...more...



fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku



No comments:

Post a Comment