Sunday, August 6, 2017

Fundoshi Rehash 42 - Red Batiste Take 2

As a quick reminder, below is from the original take on the photo shoot of this red batiste fundoshi. You can find the series here and here.   

fundoshi
For this rehash, I decided to try to go monochrome without really going monochrome....meaning I wanted some of the red of the fundoshi to come through. To the right is the out-of-the-camera photo. I started by doing something I rarely do, added warmth through the white balance. I usually take it to a cooler place, but I started in the opposite direction as an experiment...but I'll get back to coolness later!
fundoshi
fundoshi



The information in the photo had gotten a bit blown out, so I then played a bit by decreasing the contrast as well as the saturation. This helped retain some of the details. I then sharpened the edges a bit and added a slight vignette (darkening) around the edges of the photo.
fundoshi
fundoshi



One last step to add some coolness....a color monochrome filter set at a bright blue. I know, you don't see the bright blue, just a muted blue...that is due to the fact I kept the filter at about 40% of its natural intensity. This kept both the details, and the red of the fundoshi.
fundoshi

fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
...more...




fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi



...next up on fundoshi fabric and photos - a second rehash on the orange gauze 'plain' fundoshi that was tied ike a jock strap....

No comments:

Post a Comment