Sunday, August 20, 2017

Fundoshi Rehash 44 - Plastic Experiment Take 2

The original plastic fundoshi shoot (found here and here) featured a rather washed-out version of the photos. Below is a sample from that session.
fundoshi

For the 2nd rehash of extra photos, I decided to go in the opposite direction and see how much color may be hiding in the digital information. To the left is how the photos came out of the camera. A simple increase of saturation and vibrancy resulted in the photo to the right.
fundoshi
fundoshi

This was a good start, so I continued by adding a curves filter, which brought out some yellows, especially in the skin tones. I liked what it did to the plastic, but not really to the skin tones, so I then added a levels filter and changed the tonality of the mid-tones a touch. The photo on the left has also had some of the yellow removed by another filter. 
fundoshi
fundoshi
This left things a little blown out, so I added my new favorite filter, polarize. After a bit of adjusting of contrast, I got the photo to where I wanted....voila!
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi

...more...


fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi


...next up on fundoshi fabric and photos - purple gauze fundoshi - no design, no tricks....

No comments:

Post a Comment