Sunday, June 4, 2017

Red Batiste Fundoshi - A New Shoot

After quite a while, I finally set up my home studio and took some shots with fundoshi. I don't have many designs left that haven't been shown already, but did find a couple and have a few non-designed (plain is such a plain word) fundoshi that haven't been seen yet. Here is the first set to show - a red batiste fundoshi with a swirly type design. 

fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


The design is made by taking a small strip of fabric and soaking it in a bleach solution. It is then placed onto the fundoshi, rather haphazardly and left to do its magic! For the photos, I did know I wanted to get a blow-out effect, so used the white backdrop and as many lights as I could muster and keep cool at the same time!  As you can see from the first photo, brightness was not exactly achieved. That's okay.....post production, here I come!  That also means there are a bunch of natural looking photos left over for some fun 'rehash' blogs! The first thing I did was to simply play with the light temperature, making it a bit cooler. 

fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


Next up was to play with the exposure and contrast. 

fundoshi rokushakufundoshi rokushaku



Next up, I added a black and white filter set at about 80%. This left the red as the main color focus in the shot. I then faded the entire photo just a little for the final result.
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


...more...



fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

...next up on fundoshi fabric and photos - an orange gauze 'plain' fundoshi, tied like a jock strap....


As a side note, I recently started a new series of hotel-room shots of fundoshi that don't really fit my blog, so I have been posting them on my tumblr account. If you are interested, you can find them here:  fundoshi alan's space.

No comments:

Post a Comment