Thursday, January 15, 2015

Purple Fundoshi With a Moody White Backdrop

Yes - this is a much used design and I just realized you saw it in purple voile just a couple of blogs ago, but the shoot is a bit different. And the color of the gauze compared to the voile is quite different, not to mention the texture.

Okay - enough rationalizing....I like this design and when I get new fabric, will normally make my first fundoshi in this design.
 




















This shoot comes courtesy of having no ideas. Because of that, you may find some odd things happening in future blogs. I like each shoot to have something a bit unique, and quite frankly, am running out of ways to accomplish this.

So for this series, once again, it is about lighting. More specifically, how little I can get away with while creating an interesting backdrop. I experimented with shadows in the last shoot, and this one uses the white backdrop again.
fundoshi rokushaku
I know...it doesn't look white in this photo, does it? What I did was to use Christmas tinsel in green, pink and silver, and tried to cast light from the tinsel onto the backdrop.
fundoshi rokushaku
You can see the pattern in this photo. For the 'subject' light, I used something a little stronger that the last shoot and I kept closer to it so it became quite directional in nature, casting lovely shadows onto my body.
fundoshi rokushaku


The more precise lighting also shows off the texture of the fabric nicely.
fundoshi…a deep purple with a simple design

fabric...100% cotton gauze

photography…I continue to explore casting light onto backdrops and using low-light techniques

...more...



fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  More gauze? This time in a nice royal blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment