Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Boring Blue: A Fundoshi of Gauze

It is boring due to the lack of design.  I will admit, when I get new fabric, I will make one fundoshi with no design. Perhaps it is to remember the innocent state of the fabric before I start manipulating with all those chemicals. Perhaps it is because the pure, unadulterated color is appealing and doesn't need my embellishments. Perhaps I can be a bit lazy and looking at 4-6 different fundoshi of the same color and trying to come up with designs.....enough musing......

For this first take on the blue, I go to a favorite - the close-up shoot. 
fundoshi
I enjoy seeing the texture of fabric and how it plays against the skin and hair.
fundoshi
 The 'close-up' shoot is the perfect way to see this.
fundoshi
 I used the white backdrop, and lots of light for this.
fundoshi
I know I've been in a pretty dark a moody place when it comes to the recent photo shoots, so I hope this lifts the spirits a bit. 

fundoshi…royal blue

fabric...100% cotton gauze

photography…the camera is way up close and personal for this one

...more...


fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Finally - a new design and a different fabric. This gauze kick is getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment