Saturday, January 10, 2015

Light Blue Gauze Fundoshi - The Shadow Shoot


Today, a light blue gauze fundoshi in a new design. If you've been following, you know I have many colors of gauze in my personal fundoshi collection. If fact, the designs all started with using gauze. You may also recognize the technique used in this design. I use cookie cutters as templates, and square cookie cutter was covered in fabric first. This allowed a stamp approach during the application. 
 




















The design is a little 'loosey-goosey', but I've been trying to be more haphazard in life and not be anal-methodical. Since these are also made to be worn, not displayed in a frame, the overall design is actually of little importance. How the design moves in the wrapping and looks in the apron is what I enjoy.


fundoshi rokushaku
For this shoot, I went with two lights. The first is covered in a purple gel and is focussed on the white backdrop.
fundoshi rokushaku


The second (and I really should have made it a bit stronger) is being used to illuminate the body. The reason I used only one light is to get a defined shadow. By doing that, I loose some of the crispness of one of my normal shoots since it was so dark. 
fundoshi rokushaku
I do enjoy some of the shadow play.....

fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi…Light blue with a square stamped design

fabric...100% cotton gauze

photography…trying to get interesting shadows on both my body as well as the backdrop

...more...


fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  more gauze - this time in purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment