Sunday, January 25, 2015

Grey Voile Fundoshi - The Unknown Design

I really don't know what to call the design I created for this fundoshi, so perhaps you all can help me out with suggestions.





















This design was created with square cookie cutters. Before applying the templates with the discharge solution, I haphazardly folded the material. I was hoping this would create an interesting effect, and it did.

fundoshi
For the shoot, I chose the black backdrop. I find it is a good and stark contrast with the grey and greens that came out during the bleaching process.
fundoshi
As I have mentioned before, I am running out of ideas for posing. During another shoot with orange gauze, I was in a similar situation. For that, I gave myself the challenge to put on the fundoshi without standing. I was mostly on my knees doing the wrapping and tying.
fundoshi
For this shoot, I gave myself a new challenge - put the fundoshi on while staying completely on the floor. No kneeling, no standing, just writhing.....
fundoshi

fundoshi…grey with a delightfully playful design

fabric...100% cotton voile - cool and crisp


photography…basic lighting with a black backdrop

...more...


fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  I'm seeing red.....

No comments:

Post a Comment