Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sarashi Fundoshi - Part Two

Breaking with tradition, this Part Two continues with the wrapping of the 10 meter sarashi fundoshi. I will add a bit of commentary as I go along.

In the above photo, you may notice I have the full width of the material being wrapped. I found this not to work so well after a couple of rotations around my body and started over. 
Here, you will notice after the initial wrap around the waist, I have folded the material in half. This made the process much easier to get a good, even tautness as I continued. 
I kept this fundoshi tied rather high, as that is how I noticed it in some festival photos I used as a reference. 
And the wrapping continues.....

More after the jump......

 
At times, I felt like a caterpillar, winding my cocoon round and round.....
And finally, the end is here.....
I may figure out a different way to tuck the end in. This is neat, but doesn't look organic like the rest of the wrapping.


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Fundoshi of Brown Voile - How I’ve Missed You Part Two.  You may remember in Part One the shoot moved from a standing position onto the floor. Part Two is set completely on the floor.....and follows our norm of having the fundoshi being taken off.

No comments:

Post a Comment