Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Khaki Cheesecloth Fundoshi - Back by Popular Demand - Part One

Khaki Cheesecloth Fundoshi - Back by Popular Demand - Part One

While I have shown the khaki cheesecloth before in a couple of shoots, this is a new pattern with lighting that plays off the contrast of the design. As I have mentioned before, this particular fabric color is quite difficult to photograph as it takes on different shades in different lighting conditions. You will see this in the difference in the photo studies of the fabric opposed to the posing shots. These were taken on different days under different lighting conditions.





















The design for this actually follows the pattern of my dining room table, which has a large checkerboard pattern made of tile. I simply lay the material on the table and used a brush to follow the grout lines of the tile. It was probably the simplest idea I have had to create a design.
fundoshi
If you’ve been following my tumblr ramblings, you have seen the green cheesecloth being used in a hotel room and wet series. With the wet series, you know how revealing this fabric can be. I have included a shot or two here that proves the right lighting can also cause cheesecloth to be rather sheer. I hope you don’t mind…..
fundoshi
I am finding that using a stark approach to the lighting is creating a mood I like and is helping to highlight the textures of the fabric. I think I will continue to explore this and the use of gels. 
fundoshi

fundoshi…khaki checkerboard inspired pattern

fabric…100% cotton cheesecloth - sheer and light

photography…I am continuing with the stark lighting from the last couple of rounds….I like it…..

On to the rest of Part One.....

fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Blue Gauze Fundoshi - Dots and Dashes Part Two.




No comments:

Post a Comment