Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pink and Moody Fundoshi - Part One

Well, those last two blogs were quite bright with that white backdrop and white light and white body……

Let us now get moody, a little sultry, perhaps. 




















Here is pink gauze in a design I haven’t shown. Some simple lines and rough circles all done with a brush. I think I have mentioned before that the pink gauze really hold onto its color, so in some of these shots with a deep contrast, you can’t see the pattern.
fundoshi
For the lighting, I tried an extremely different approach than I normally use. There are two main sources of light. A white source at about a three quarter angle from the shooting area. The second source is directly at the opposite side and is covered with a deep red gel.
fundoshi
Depending on where I positioned my body, you can see how the light reacts. I think the red is also helping in showing off my body hair. 
fundoshi
As you get deeper into the set, you will see that I tied this fundoshi a bit lower than normal…..do you mind?

fundoshi…pink with a simple pattern

fabric...100% cotton gauze….try it, you’ll like it

photography…continued use of colored gels and stark lighting
fundoshi

Onward for more….


fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  A real treat is in store. I obtained some sarashi fabric from Japan….the same fabric used in festivals. This might just result in a multi-part shoot, but you’re used to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment