Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fundoshi of Brown Voile - How I’ve Missed You Part One

The brown voile fundoshi hasn’t been around for quite a few months, so I rummaged in my drawer and found a design I have highlighted or talked about.























When I look at this design, it appears to have a sort of specific ‘kanji’ like quality. It is not. I’m not that talented or knowledgeable. 


fundoshi rokushaku
What I did on this one was a kind of test to see what would happen. I have many long strands of material torn away from test fundoshi. I normally start a new fabric with 14 inches. After trying it on, I will then tear it down to a more comfortable width. This leaves me with strips of fabric to play with.
fundoshi rokushaku
For this design, I first dampened the brown material so it would accept the bleach solution a little faster than normal. I then soaked one of my stray strips of fabric in a pretty strong bleach solution and lay it in an abstract way on the material. For this one, I folded it in half so the pattern repeats once. 

I like how the bleach and damp aspect of the voile has reacted to create different shaded areas. Of course, the strong yellow that comes from direct contact with the bleach soaked fabric is lovely as well!
fundoshi rokushaku
Once again, I have the white backdrop. This time, I used a bit dimmer lighting and moved a light to the back of the posing area. I like this look, and you will see in the future it takes on a great quality when used with the black backdrop as well!
fundoshi rokushaku

fundoshi…brown and yellow pattern

fabric...100% cotton voile…..thinner than the gauze from last time, but very comfortable

photography...a change of lighting position than I normally use. I also played with some settings post-production to strengthen the skin tones and body hair a little.

And now....on to the rest of the group....


fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku




Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Pink Gauze, Black Backdrop, Red Lights - that pretty much says it all……

No comments:

Post a Comment