Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Falling Fundoshi - An Experiment

The idea?  falling with a fundoshi

Did it work?  no

Do I care? not really….some of the shots have an interesting look, so here they are….
fundoshi rokushaku
I don’t know where I got the idea, but I wanted to try to capture the look of floating or falling for this shoot. I also wanted it to be dark and moody. The shots didn’t turn out like I envisioned, but sometimes that happens. You try for one thing, and get another. A little life lesson…..
fundoshi rokushaku

For the lighting, you can probably tell I have one source from directly above the shooting area. I placed a small table under the black backdrop as a ‘prop’ to lay on and play with. I was hoping this would keep the poses from looking like I was on the ground….giving the opportunity for some level differences in my body. 
fundoshi rokushaku
For poses where I am absolutely still the lighting worked well. For poses where I moved slightly, there is a blur issue. Like the flying voile fundoshi, I like how this shows movement.
fundoshi rokushaku
I then tried to play contortionist for some of the shoot.
fundoshi rokushaku
It was a fun morning, but exhausting…..
fundoshi rokushaku


A few more after the jump….


fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  The painted white gauze comes back….or should I say leaves….one final look….

3 comments: