Saturday, August 10, 2013

Wow....that fundoshi is see-through...






 Featuring the elusive hunter green cheesecloth that has yet only been alluded to and shown slyly in photos without private body parts attached to it, the discussion starts about the sheerness of fabric. 

fundoshifundoshi art

Personally, I like the first layer to have a bit of a ‘reveal’...a sort of ‘peak-a-boo, I almost see you’ aspect for a viewer. I then like the second, or ‘apron’ layer to completely shroud and hide those most precious items. I think this makes putting on and taking off the fundoshi a bit more playful. This cheesecloth sort of pushes the boundaries of that. 




single layer

double layer










I think the absolute ‘see-throughness’ of the fabric actually informed the photoshoot (as you’ll see). 

Since the material is on the darker side, I did my first shoot with the white backdrop. This backdrop is much less forgiving due to the fact there wasn’t enough space between myself and the backdrop. If I had more space, it would have been less in focus and the wrinkles and drape would be less obvious. 

Instead of just going lighter, the discharge action for this fabric caused it to go a dark yellow, which looks really good with the dark green. When you are dealing with removing dye from fabric, you never really know what you may encounter until you try. 

Fundoshi....
Hunter Green - original and enhanced. These are 14 inches wide. For my preferences, I wouldn’t go narrow with cheesecloth. When it is roped and manipulated, it compresses more than other fabrics.
                                                       

Fabric....
Cheesecloth. It’s not that easy to find in colors, so when I do, I pick it up. 

Photography....
The white backdrop presents all sorts of challenges I will have to figure out how to deal with. 

And now...the rest of the photos....
fundoshi art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi art

fundoshi

fundoshi 

fundoshi


fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi art

Next time on fundoshi fabric and photos, two more lime green creations....remember, there are 5 total!

No comments:

Post a Comment