Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cheesecloth Fundoshi - 2 More Designs





Back to the rather see-through hunter green cheesecloth. Let us call this pair circles and stripes.....

fundoshifundoshi

For the stripes, I used a brush to get the discharge solution along the edges and in the center. This material is so thin, I actually accomplished this easily by folding the material in half, three different times. This doesn’t work with all materials, and trial and error is the way I am learning. The crinkle guaze I have been working with doesn’t react as well. I can only fold that in half once for the discharge solution to flow to both sides of the material. 
fundoshi

For the circles, I used a cookie cutter. I used a larger one on one of the lime green designs, but for this, I chose a smaller circle and was rather haphazard in the placement. You will most likely see this approach again.
fundoshi

I used some spot lighting to create a circle on the backdrop, and used it to get some shadow effects. I’m still trying to conceive of a shadow only shoot. Since the fundoshi needs to be the focus, this may be hard. If I figure out the balance, you will see it in the coming weeks. 
fundoshi



Fundoshi....hunter green and quite soft

Fabric....cheesecloth

Photography....Once again, I am back to the white backdrop and it’s inherent flaws. This shoot was done at the same time as the last shoot, so there wasn’t much I could manipulate after seeing the photos. 

And now...the rest of the photos....


fundoshi as art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi as art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi as art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi as art

fundoshi as art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi as art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi as art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi as art

fundoshi

fundoshi

fundoshi as art



Next time on fundoshi fabric and photos, the final lime green crinkle gauze design....

No comments:

Post a Comment