Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Orange Gauze Fundoshi - The Test - Part One

Orange fundoshi in a new design. You can easily do this design with a brush - just simple stripes!
 



















What test could I possibly be speaking of?

Generally speaking, I do about 3 or 4 fundoshi shoots within a weekend. This gives me time to edit the photos and schedule the blogs without being in a rush.

For the current crop of photos starting with the white on white on white shoot, I did 6 fundoshi and 2 fundoshi related shoots in the span of 2 days. Doing it this way minimizes the setup and breakdown time of the backdrops, lights, etc. Doing so many in 2 days also meant my creative juices seemed to be draining from a posing perspective. I have to face it, there are just so many ways I have of positioning my body and wrapping a fundoshi to appear interesting. So I gave myself the following challenge:  Can I put on and take off a fundoshi without standing? 
fundoshi rokushaku
You will notice I am on a white background. This is a new one for me to use and is made of vinyl. It shows up much better when out of focus.
fundoshi rokushaku
It also has a much neater appearance. The only issue is if I am too close to it, there are some manufacturing indentations that show up. Iʻm hoping these will go away over time.
fundoshi rokushaku
I quickly found that while I tried to maintain the ʻno standingʻ rule, I did have to get on my knees a couple of times....
fundoshi rokushaku


fundoshi…bright orange - a happy color!

fabric...100% cotton gauze

photography…a shoot trying to mimic normal lighting conditions

Keep going......



fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Purple voile fundoshi, how dimly lit can life be?

1 comment: