Monday, June 30, 2014

Fundoshi of Purple Gauze - Part One

No pithy or catchy titles on this one, but I have a rather haphazardly fun new design to show off.
 



















Sometimes, you just canʻt think about grids and lines and patterns....just go for it and have fun. This one is a bit more organic looking than other designs Iʻve been showing. The purple gauze doesnʻt turn white when bleach, but has a rather tan looking color - much like natural cotton. 
fundoshi rokushaku
There is nothing really fancy or clever in this shoot. Just the standard progression of putting the fundoshi on.
fundoshi rokushaku
You can see I still roll up my fundoshi. This is mostly so I donʻt have any wrinkles in them when I want to use one for a photo shoot.
fundoshi rokushaku
You canʻt see it yet, but I will be tying this one quite low on my hips. You have probably noticed I vary where I wrap my fundoshi. This is mostly just for the photo shoots. When wearing fundoshi for every day use, I simply tie it around my natural waistline.
fundoshi rokushaku
One last thing....look for the fancy knot on this one....let me know your thoughts!

fundoshi…purple organic design

fabric...100% gauze - yes, gauze again.....get some, you will like it!


photography…Basic lighting, basic posing, basic angles...nothing much to say.....


Keep going.......



fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  This blog turns 1 year old! Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!  I will have a rather long photo history....it may take a couple of blogs......

2 comments:

  1. I like the color and that knot is pretty nice. How about showing us (and by "us" I mean "me") how to do it. I like to vary how low or high I wear my 'doshi too. Lately I've been tying mine with the knot just over my tailbone. I like to make a Y-shape in the back. I know the T is the way to go traditionally, but sometimes the Y is the only thing I want to have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I think this knot was a one-off. I tried to duplicate it during another shoot this past weekend, and didn't quite get it as nice. I do remember that it started as a traditional 'T' shape, and instead of wrapping the ends around normally, I looped each end in the opposite direction. Once that was done (securing the knot), I then loosely looped the fabric to create the pattern. Of course, this is completely impractical for wearing under clothes, but for wearing only a fundoshi, it adds a decorative touch. I've thought often about where I wear the fundoshi. From a comfort level under clothes, my normal waist works as it goes in line with the band of the pants. For photo shoots, I actually prefer a front view tied low, and a back view tied high. I think it works best on my body this way. I must admit, looking at photos of others in their fundoshi, any which way works!!!!

      Delete