Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Black Voile Fundoshi - The White Shoot - Part One

Yes, the title is a bit confusing. Before going any further, here is the new design on this ever so lovely voile fundoshi.
 



















It is a simple enough design - a single stripe down the center, bordered by hand painted circles. As you can see above (and from other black voile fundoshi blogs), this particular fundoshi is quite sheer. Of course, when the fundoshi is completely wrapped and tied, there is a double-up of fabric, so wearing it is a bit more modest.
fundoshi rokushaku
Now for the ʻWhite Shootʻ reference. I used my new white vinyl backdrop for this. I also used as much light as I have. My vision was to blur the lines between the backdrop my body.
fundoshi rokushaku
Some of the shots came out better than others for this. I then used my photo editing programs to slightly desaturate my skin tones and pumped up the exposure a little. This helped achieve the look I wanted.
fundoshi rokushaku
Overall, I am please with how these turned out. 
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi…black with a fun design

fabric...100% cotton voile. Due to the sheerness of the fabric, I had a ton of fun taking photos of just the fundoshi. You will find more than the usual amount of non-body shots.

photography…extra bright to desaturate color

To the rest of the grouping.....

fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Purple Gauze - where I attempt a decorative knot - just for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment