Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Patterned Fundoshi in Black Gauze

I don’t think I need to speak any more of my affinity for gauze….it’s comfortable and cozy, especially in the cooler temperatures.

For this design, I went a bit wild and it took some time to get done. I think the photo says it all!




















After setting up props for the Christmas shoots and the backdrop for the burgundy shoot, I kept the next few shoots simple with either the white of black muslin. Since this design is so stark, I decided to go with a simple, white natural light to show it off. 
fundoshi rokushaku

To show off the design, I tied this fundoshi quite low on my body. I didn’t do much twisting either. I would probably not wear it this way under clothes, but I think it makes for an interesting look for this design. In the future, look for other changes in the way I tie the fundoshi…..got to keep it fresh somehow!
fundoshi rokushaku


fundoshi…black and white patterned

fabric...100% cotton gauze

photography…White light, white backdrop….a simple, yet classic approach

On to more.....

fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art




Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:   More gauze, this time in purple with a design you may notice from my tumblr ‘reluctant exhibitionist’ series….

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a long comment before and blogspot ate it so lol keep it brief... How is this style of wrapping held secure without the added tension of the twisting on the sides? I like this style for sexy play but I'd rather have removal be part of play and not have it unravel and fall off going up stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan - unfortunately, your suspicions are correct. Once this starts to be undone, it is all over! While I like how this looks, the tying was really to show off the pattern, not for any functional purposes. You could experiment with a couple of wraps, keeping them large instead of rope-like. I think this has given me an idea for a new shoot....thanks!

      Delete