Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fundoshi as Prop


Happy Birthday to me!!!!  That's right, gentle readers, it is my birthday week and to celebrate, a special 'birthday suit' edition of fundoshi, fabric and photos.

For some of the shoot, I wanted to see how far I could push the focus contrast. Here is a test shot that gave me the idea. 
For the fundoshi, I am back to that semi-sheer, soft and comfortable white cotton lawn. In this  additive design, I simply folded the fabric in half a few times, then poured black ink in the center. After letting it set for a bit, I then rinsed. This left behind lovely artifacts of the initial circle created by the pour. 
 



















I wanted to switch things up a bit and instead of doing a demonstration-like shoot of me putting on and taking off the fundoshi (which we have seen a number of times), I thought of using the fabric as a simple prop for the photographs. 



Fundoshi...just a simple design that has grown to be one of my favorites....wait....how many favorites is that?

Fabric....cotton lawn

Photography....Lots and lots of light. I played with focus for a few shots, sometimes having it in the foreground while one shot was done with the focus on the background.

And now, the rest of the photos.....

fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
The fundoshi is in the foreground, but not in focus. I find this shot interesting.
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos: There is a part two of this shoot where I concentrate a little more on close-up images and actually wear the fundoshi....I couldn’t resist!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday with lots of fun and excitement. May you drop your props during your shoot and focus on the right spot. Than title it as "Fundoshi on the floor during my bird-day shoot"... Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the laugh and the birthday wishes….who knows…..they may come true!

      Delete