Monday, November 25, 2013

Back to Basics - Fundoshi with a Hint of Color.....


While on vacation, I always spend time hiking. For this shoot, I had just gotten back to the condo after a hike along some beaches and the bordering woods at those beaches. Upon getting home, I was about to jump in the shower when I saw the camera was still hooked up to the tripod, so I did a quick little shoot taking off my fundoshi.
fundoshi

I tried to use the same angles as the shoot I had done the previous evening (featured in the last two blogs). You can now see what the buildings are like. I must admit, they make a better backdrop during the evening!
fundoshi

While this blog may morph over time, I still try to focus on photography that utilizes a ‘studio’ approach. When I think of this, it is mostly about how to manipulate light. I started by taking simple objects around the house (the camera’s flash, lamps, flashlights, etc.) to try to learn about lighting. While I do have a simple studio set-up now, it is always good to get back to basics. 

I used the phrase “reluctant exhibitionist” in my teaser last time.  I must admit that I felt quite exposed with those large windows open and a couple of buildings in view. For a true exhibitionist, this must appear quaint. On my hikes during vacation, I actually tried to get some photos of myself in fundoshi in the great outdoors. I know I’m not a true exhibitionist since I was always on the lookout and wary of being caught...a true exhibitionist would have welcomed onlookers!  I’ve been posting some of those on my tumblr site along with some other photo shoots that just don’t meet my current blog guidelines. 

Onward for the rest of the photos.....


fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi


Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos: A new color, a new design and a new photo technique......

No comments:

Post a Comment