Friday, November 15, 2013

Back to Basics - Khaki Cheesecloth Fundoshi


Well, back to that ultra comfortable cheesecloth in a never-before seen design!




















This fundoshi has simple stripes from end to end. This was relatively easy to create, as the discharge solution easily flows through multiple layers of fabric. A simple fold and apply. Unfortunately, I did not document the process, but I have been documenting other fabrics and will be creating a photograhpic ‘how-to’ for this design. Look for it in a future blog!

While on vacation in Hawai'i, I actually couldn’t resist doing a little shoot one night. Maybe it was the pattern of lights from the buildings in the distance....maybe it was that last martini....who knows what prompts me to drop my drawers and start to pose!?!
fundoshi

I was equipped with only my camera and tripod, so it was all about what could be done with the limited light. 

I’ve also included some shots I took while back home in the studio in my ongoing ‘fundoshi as art’ project.
fundoshi as art


And now, the rest of the photos....



fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos: Yes, you are seeing correctly...the fundoshi is starting to be taken off. Part Two of this shoot will continue the process....


No comments:

Post a Comment