Monday, September 30, 2013

Brown Voile Fundoshi: Specimen Number Two.....


Here we have the brown voile fundoshi from previous blogs, but Iʻm back to the discharge dyeing techniques I so adore. It was quite unexpected that the discharge would create a yellow color. 
 



















This particular fundoshi is 10 inches wide and has turned into one of my favorites. As Iʻve stated before, this brown voile is very soft and feels great. The roping of it is also easy and becomes quite thin when twisted. Other thicker fabrics donʻt get this thin. 
fundoshi
This photo shoot was a bit ʻimpromptuʻ. I had just come home from spending the day with my brother and his in-laws. The backdrop was still up from the last blogʻs shoot and I thought, why not do another? This will be a classic ʻstripʻ shoot of me getting undressed. 

To get a better sense of the design, we have the ʻfundoshi as artʻ series....
fundoshi as art


Fundoshi...10 inches, brown and yellow

Fabric....100% cotton voile - very comfortable and cool.

Photography....I used a more natural approach to the lighting, but did give more light to a specific direction to create some shadowing and contrast.  


And now, the rest of the photos.....

fundoshi as art
fundoshi

fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi

fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos: In a couple of days, I will post part 2 of this shoot.....more comes off!



No comments:

Post a Comment