Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fundoshi Rehash 43 - Orange Gauze Take 1


fundoshi
Above is how I originally processed the orange fundoshi shoot - quite bright to bring out that color I so enjoy. You can find the originals here and here.

To the left is the out-of-camera photo. Since I went bright and full of color on the original posting, I thought I would take this to a faded place. I guess I could have just turned down the saturation and left it simple, but that took some of the details away and left the photo a bit bland. I increased both the contrast and saturation so that my final approach would look better.
fundoshi
fundoshi




I then played with the curves a bit. You can see that this removed a bunch of detail from the fundoshi, as it blew out the color. Next up, I played with the yellow channel in the photo, and 
this gave me back the fabric detail.

fundoshi
fundoshi





















The final step was to apply a black and white filter at 80%, leaving just a hint of color.


fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi

...more...


fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi

...next up on fundoshi fabric and photos - rehash number 1 on the plastic fundoshi experiment...


No comments:

Post a Comment