Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fundoshi Rehash 10 - Pink Gauze - The First Set

For this weekʻs rehash, I am using the surplus fundoshi photos taken in my Pink and Moody shoot originally found here and here. For this set of post-production attempts at trickery, I got inspired by the green and pink of last weekʻs set. Iʻve always been a bit perturbed by the fact my camera and lighting isnʻt quite up to taking dimly lit photos. This means I have a very hard time using colored gels, especially if there is no white light involved. For the Pink and Moody shoot, that was about as dimly lit as I could get with the red gel. Actually, I did a bunch of test shots using a blue gel on one light and the red one on the other. There was not enough light for my camera to get adequate shots, so I was left with using just the red gel.
fundoshi rokushaku
from the original Pink and Moody fundoshi shoot
fundoshi rokushakufundoshi rokushaku











Since figuring out how to use two different color monochrome filters at the same time in Aperture, I decided to try to go back to my original idea for this shoot, only using post-production methods. I added a blue, then a red filter to the photos. 

fundoshi rokushaku
 I then removed the blue from the red parts of the photo, trying to stay true to how light would fall. I will admit, I didnʻt do a very good job at getting the contours right for them, but I am generally happy with the results.
fundoshi rokushaku
 The next step was to turn down the red a bit, which gave it a more natural look. 
fundoshi rokushaku
 ...more...



fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

No comments:

Post a Comment