Sunday, March 20, 2016

Fundoshi Rehash 31 - White Guaze Part 1

From a setup perspective, I am using surplus photos from one of my more complicated shoots. You can see the original photos of the white gauze fundoshi herehere and here. That is a lot of photos! And there are 2 sets of rehash ones to go as well. As I've mentioned, in some shoots, I take hundreds of photos, especially in the ones like this where I'm not too sure about how the photos will come out.

For the first rehash take, I thought of seeing what a black and white approach would look like.
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

Simply removing the color didn't quite work since the original photos are so soft. This is due to the backlight showing through the backdrop and the fore drop (for lack of a better term). While I like this diffused look for the original shoots, it doesn't quite strike my fancy in black and white. 
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

I turned up the contrast quite a bit and also increased the black point. I then increased the vibrancy which added some depth to the photos. The last little bit was a simple decrease of the brightness, and I arrived at a look I liked.
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


...more...



fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku


No comments:

Post a Comment