Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fundoshi Rehash 14 - Khaki Cheesecloth Part 2

Back to the extra photos from a shoot using one of my favorite cheesecloth fundoshi. The original photos were seen here and here. This was one of the quickest rehash post-production sessions I've had. I guess it offsets that amount of time it takes to do the spot coloring on some of the rehashes. 

Most of the changes were done in one step.  Below is the original I worked from and the single-click filtered version.  In Aperture, I chose to use the 'color process 1' filter. With one quick press of a button, the filter played with saturation and vibrancy, adjusted the curves and levels, highlights and shadows, sharpened the edges and added a bit of polarization until it came up with the photo on the right.
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku



















When I was doing this, I was in a bit of a black and white mood, so I then changed the photo to black and white, increased the black point a bit and added a vignette filter to darken the edges. You may wonder why putting the 'color process filter' on mattered if I was going to put it into black and white anyway. Below is a comparison of the photo from the original in black and white, and the filtered version. I like the strength in the filtered version better.
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

 fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

...more...



fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku

No comments:

Post a Comment