Friday, September 5, 2014

Black on Black - Voile Fundoshi Squared

I know the first couple of shots donʻt tell the titleʻs story, but the white backdrop shows off the fundoshi design a little better than black. 
 





















I have used this fabric before and I wear fundoshi of the darker colors in voile often. It is lightweight and draws moisture away from the body, but does not stay moist at the same time. This is my go-to fabric for when I head out hiking.

For this design, I relied on my ever handy cookie cutters and outlined the square shapes. I then filled them in with a brush. I kept the fundoshi dry while applying the discharge to try to keep some of lines crisp.
fundoshi rokushaku
For the shoot, I kept things quite dark. I used a single focal point on the lighting. The source was almost directly in front of my posing body, hoping to create a flat look when posing directly to the camera.
fundoshi rokushaku
Of course, when moving away from the light source, I was hoping to get some nice shadows.
fundoshi rokushaku


fundoshi…black with an alternating square pattern - look for another attempt at a fancy knot...

fabric...100% cotton voile

photography…a bit dim for the lighting, but I donʻt think it turned darkly moody like other shoots I have done

...more...



fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art




Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  New color, new design with a ʻhow-toʻ - arenʻt you excited?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment