Monday, August 25, 2014

Grey Sunburst - A New Fundoshi Design

I get particular enjoyment when a design I have in my head actually works when I try to put it into physical form. This new design worked just as my imagination pictured it.
fundoshi, rokushakufundoshi, rokushaku




I used a cookie cutter for the circles. Instead of just using the cutter to create the outline, I covered it in material so the discharge solution would be applied to the entire area. I varied the pressure a bit so each ʻstampʻ would have its own character. I then used a small brush for the rays.






You can see this is also a new color. This is a grey 100% cotton voile. 
fundoshi, rokushaku
It has a slight sheer nature, but not too revealing. 
fundoshi, rokushaku
I like the subtle difference in colors the bleaching turned this.
fundoshi, rokushaku
For the shoot, I used my white vinyl backdrop. For the series of shots I took during this studio session, I played a little more with post-production techniques. Iʻm trying to learn a bit more of what is available to me outside of the camera. For this series, I pushed the exposure a bit, lowered the saturation, but bumped up some vibrancy.

fundoshi… grey sunburst design

fabric... 100% cotton voile

photography…general studio lighting with some post-production trickery thrown in

....more....



fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi, rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi, rokushaku
...if you made it this far, hereʻs what happens when I donʻt time the shutter correctly....
...kinda like it...

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  The last design using the khaki cheesecloth - which has proven to be one of your favorite fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment