Thursday, May 15, 2014

Sarashi Fundoshi and Kimono

While the coverall from a few blogs ago was a costume I had hanging around the house, this kimono is not a costume.
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi and hanjuban
I purchased it from Yukata Kimono Market Sakura in Japan.  No, I wasn't in Japan...I ordered it from the link. The transaction was quite smooth and easy, but again, ordering from foreign countries does have certain risks and 'your mileage may vary' as they say.
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi and hanjuban
In the shoot, I am putting on a hanjuban, yukata kimono and an obi. I purchased this, along with sandals to go to my local cherry blossom festival. 
fundoshi kimono
This year was a little different as I have never worn a fundoshi under the kimono. Somehow, it felt correct!
fundoshi kimono

On to the rest of the photos....



fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono
fundoshi kimono

Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Khaki Cheesecloth Fundoshi - Back by Popular Demand - Part Two - yes, I know it is a bit repetitive…..I’m taking off a fundoshi….again…..

No comments:

Post a Comment