Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fundoshi in a Breeze….

I have talked about voile before, and I do enjoy how thin and comfortable it is. It seems the darker colored ones are made thinner than the lighter colors. That has been my experience with fabric.com



















For this shoot, there are some rather simple elements:

 A very simple design (I won’t go into it too much as a future blog will show you how to create this design).

Simple lighting - Lots of white light to capture the crisp black and white design.

Simple theory - turn a fan on and see what happens.

And here is what happens (other than getting really cold in the wee hours of the morning when I did this)…..
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi…black and white….I do like a black and white fundoshi…have you noticed?

fabric...100% cotton voile…..nice and thin - easy for the ‘wind’ to capture.

photography…I purposefully kept the shutter at a speed that would create a blur from the movement of the fundoshi. I think this helps capture the motion happening.
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
And now....on to the rest of the group.....


fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi rokushaku
fundoshi as art



Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos:  Remember the purple gauze, it is back in a close-up shoot. I know you enjoy those close-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment