Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fundoshi for Christmas - Just for me?????

fundoshi

Look what Santa left under my sparkly tinsel tree….another fundoshi, this time in hot pink gauze. 

Wait a minute….is that a new design I see? Why, yes…it is. 
fundoshi
fundoshi 




















I think I have mentioned in a previous blog how this particular pink  ‘island breeze’ gauze from fabric.com doesn’t take well to discharge dye techniques, but this one was quite simple to do.

1.  The fundoshi was folded in thirds a couple of times. The power of three gives the large design the perfect spot for wearing.
2.  I dampened the fabric so the edges of the reaction would be soft. 
3.  The discharge solution (a strong one - 50/50 water and bleach) was poured in the center of the fabric.
4.  I let it sit for a while.

That is it….simple, but I think it turned out rather elegant in its simplicity. 

For the shoot, I got out a green and a pink tinsel tree to pay homage to the favorite color combination used by Andy Warhol. It also happens to be my second favorite color combination right now, so there wasn’t too much thought going on…..
fundoshi
Normally, I tie my fundoshi right around my natural waist line. For this shoot, I deliberately changed it up a bit and tied it quite low. In contrast to the simple wrap of last blog’s orange fundoshi, I got a bit elaborate with the twisting and tying and wrapping…just trying to highlight the design a bit. 
fundoshi
fundoshi - hot pink with a simple fade

fabric - island breeze cotton gauze

photograpy - general lighting, some close ups….you are probably used to this by now….
fundoshi

On to the rest of the shoot.....



fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi as art
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi
fundoshi




Next time on fundoshi, fabric and photos: Okay, okay..there is a part two for the christmas orange fundoshi….yes, it will be coming off…

No comments:

Post a Comment